Hermit crabs are all in their shells

clownin_around

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2016
Messages
72
Reaction score
37
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up today and all of my hermit crabs are inside their shells. Does anyone know why this would happen?

Salinity: 1.024
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0

Temp: 79

I haven't seen them like this before.
 
Is this a new tank? Do you have fish, corals or any other creatures that are behaving oddly?

Hermits are pretty much nocturnal and if you got up late and the sun was up, maybe they already went to bed. :cool:

Hermits are also very responsive to food in the water, day or night. Have you tried putting a little food near them?
 
It is a new tank. And I have two clownfish. No corals. They seem to be sleepy in the mornings I guess. I just didn't know if it was a telltale sign or not. [emoji28]
 
I checked my pH in (I think) 1987. I could be off by ten years or so.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new