Hermit crabs mating for fighting?

  • Thread starter Thread starter seth16
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

seth16

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2016
Messages
60
Reaction score
14
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning before I left for school I noticed that a red legged hermit crab was being pestered by a smaller red legged, and within a few minutes a blue legged hemit joined in, I separated the two hermit crabs but they ended up locked together again. Should I be worried about the larger one?
 
8d3f13bfe2ffb71cb8d5a2679589da29.jpg
 
The larger may be getting ready to molt or has molted and the smaller hermits are looking for a free lunch and home. You can offer them some slightly larger empty shells but hermits are pretty ruthless, they kill and eat what they can.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new