Hermit keeps hanging out on same spot on same coral?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PotatoPig
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PotatoPig

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2023
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
1,476
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last week one of my hermits has hung out non-stop on my bird’s nest coral. I’ve moved it off and it climbs back up, I’ve moved it to the other end of the tank (75g rimmed) and it’s found its way back to this little roost.

Once there it doesn’t do anything, just sits.

This is one of the highest points in the tank, in higher flow.

Have about a dozen other hermits and no weird behavior from them.

Any idea what’s up?

IMG_0731.jpeg
 
Same!! Completely normal. I have 1 that lives in a Walt Disney like it’s his thrown.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new