Hermit left shell

DexterKarin

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2023
Messages
226
Reaction score
177
Location
Truckee, CA 96162, USA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting two weeks ago I had a red legged hermit whom I kept finding upside down. I righted him several times and then noticed he kept doing this to himself. Then I noticed him reaching far outside his shell. So I put some shells near him. Then he was outside the shell and I thought he was a goner. Now a week later and he is alive with no shell despite several shells around him. Naturally not very active but no one seems to be bugging him either. Has anyone seen this before and can you interpret this behavior?

PXL_20251215_034909988_exported_1765828913857.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new