Hermit munching on coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter towels
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

towels

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2025
Messages
160
Reaction score
128
Location
Los Angeles
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this frag for free with my order from my LFS because it had a small piece of algae on it and I just caught my hermit up to no good
Should I frag the area above the algae and below?

I have the worst luck with crabs lol

IMG_5918.jpeg
 
Last edited:
You sure the hermit crab was eating the coral and not just climbing on in and picking at the algae?
I know it's possible for blue legs to get a taste for coral but I just want to make sure it's actually up to no good.
 
My urchin will sometimes get on top of coral and I’m thinking it’s eating the coral, when in reality it’s just east the algae off of it. I think your crab is just eating algae
 
if you’re certain it was eating the coral…. I’d still do nothing. Fragging it wouldn’t change the crabs taste for it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new