Hewbie’s Test Results

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Joined
Mar 27, 2022
Messages
7,136
Reaction score
10,447
Location
Easton
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Randy Holmes-Farley Thoughts on these results? The only surprising thing is the arsenic but I was reading that it is in our salt. And yes phosphorus is high! This is Hewbie my massive porcupine pufferfish.
 

Attachments

I don't know if Randy responds to tags; he would get like a million a day I'm sure 🙂

If he does not see this, I would repost it in his Chem subforum, where he'll be sure to see your post.

Good luck!
 
Moved to Chemistry 😎 👍
 
are you dosing anything?

Calcium and iodine are quite high. Arsenic is elevated, but I’m not sure it is a problem.

Water changes would help these.
 
are you dosing anything?

Calcium and iodine are quite high. Arsenic is elevated, but I’m not sure it is a problem.

Water changes would help these.
Nope! If this is a fish only tank. Do I have to worry about any of these? I just wanted a baseline to see if any of them could be contributing.
 
For fish only, it seems fine, IMO.
Okay thank you. I can officially rule out water quality being contributing or the cause of Hewbie’s illness. I figured this before I got it sent out…this confirms it and he is doing better. See my other posts on him. The vet’s best conclusion is that he has/had an issue with his gut microbiome that wasn’t allowing him to expel all the air he got trapped in his intestines. See more on that here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/hewbie-is-swimming-upside-down.1165714/page-13#post-14533356
IMG_2437.jpeg
IMG_2433.jpeg
IMG_2439.jpeg

IMG_2430.jpeg
IMG_2428.jpeg
IMG_2429.jpeg


IMG_2430.jpeg

IMG_2429.jpeg

IMG_2428.jpeg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new