Hey 15yr old (almost 16) newbie here

Metalhead670

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the pictures. I really don’t know what type of coral they are either. But they aren’t growing and I understand that it takes a long time but they’ve also been turning grey. Thanks for your help!!
one looks like a montipora to me(the small one), not good at corals but it looks like a montipora

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome my young whipper snapper! I do love my rather pugnacious Ocellaris clown even though he bites me at minimum once a day lol. I'm seeing lots of the good algae growth in your setup and a good bio load of fish. Best luck and don't be afraid to ask anything at all in this forum.

Robertellis30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soak up the knowledge. You’ll learn something new almost everyday. Wish I knew about this forum when I started my first reed 12years ago. Would of saved me multiple headaches.

WirelessMike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody! I’m a young (16 in December) newbie here. My dad did a lot of freshwater tanks, but this is both of our first time doing a saltwater tank. We have a 32 biocube. (Side note: yes we are probably overstocked my dad likes getting new fish a little too much even though I say we have enough and loves to get them without doing much research!) We have a fire clam (hard to keep yes I know! Refer to side note) 4 orange ocellaris clownfish and one black and white one. Again I know not recommend but they really do seem to get along besides some problems I’m having with my black and white one. I’ll start a new thread on that one. 2 blue chromis. A diamond goby. A royal gamma. A purple firefish goby. Lots of snails and hermies. 2 Feather dusters. A coral banded shrimp (he’s getting way to big!) Two coral that I have no clue what they are and possibly dying? A little duncan with 3 heads(for lack of better word) and a hammerhead coral. And an orange sponge that is probably dying. And lotsss of questions. I’m really looking forward to all of your advice and help!

420FD0EA-5B6C-4C2C-8AC0-08D05DC3565F.png 4AA35100-120D-41EE-AE28-9FCB4EEAF3F9.jpeg
Welcome to R2R @flairbear04 .

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the best possible platform on the web to get answers and meet people within this saltwater keeping hobby! No doubt a place where you can get lost in all kinds of different and insightful information!

Another great place to snag info about this hobby we all love is YouTube! I have a channel going that is basically just my journey in reefing! May have some helpful tips and tricks for ya! Let me know if you get a chance to check it out! Again, welcome to R2R!!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum! That stocking list isnt egregious outside of the 5 clowns which will likely give you some troubles as they mature.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%

Back