King Tide Lagoon

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELCOME TO KING TIDE LAGOON!

How's it going everyone? Decided to catch up on a build thread since I haven't had one yet.. This Innovative Marine Lagoon 25 has been a tank moved around from place to place in the past couple years and finally seems to have found a spot where it will sit possibly for another year or so. The tank at one point was home to my beautiful clown harem of five (3 misbar black and 2 midnight) and all the way to a coral only system. Regardless, the lagoon is back up and going and currently running on this equipment:

The new and improved King Tide Lagoon is a mixed reef with a mixture of rare fish and interesting corals/inverts

Tank: Innovative Marine Lagoon 25

Filtration: inTank Media basket holders (2-both sides), Eshopps Nano Skimmer, Tunze ATO unit

Return Pump: Stock (TRASH ITS LOUD AND NEED TO CHANGE HELP LOL)

Wavemaker: Mp10 w/backup battery

Controller: APEX Unit and Neptune AFS unit

Cover: Custom Top Lid aquarium cover (took some time, but well worth it)

The tank has been up and running now for 5 months and seems happy again to have life back in it. I'm currently contemplating shifting it over a room to make room for a larger tank to get up and cycling to make the move for things, but at the same time the size is perfect for me and the fish seem extremely healthy and happy. Here is a list of the current livestock.. excluding corals will get into that on a later post.

Livestock: Two Spotcinctus Clowns (paired.. female is a bruiser), Cherub Angel, Chalk Basslet, and a Hawiian Cleaner Wrasse (current thread on this guy going as well)

CUC:
Tuxedo Urchin, 1 Turbo Snail, a few trochus, two bumble bee snails, and a Christmas Tree Rock (filter feeder calling it a cleaner.. also thread on this guy as well)

Their feeding is all over the place and a variety of a diet. I feel that a change in diet is key to the best possible health in your tank, but I also have a staple flake food that helps whenever I need assistance with feeding or I am feeling lazy.

Underneath the tank I have the controller and the mess of cords that I need to begin building a controller board for. Not super great at DIY, but bought myself some starboard from a plastics store locally and going to measure things out then give it a go. Once ready to mount I will just do a water change and get everything turned off for a bit with an airstone standing by working while I get it all plumed in.

Going to get deeper into the corals in the tank here soon, but wanted to start my build thread! Cheers all and happy reefing!

IMG_5124.JPG

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well as I looked at the tank after starting this long overdue build thread I realized how badly right upper corner of the rockwork needed help.

Did I need a new piece?

NO

Did I get a new piece?

YES

Ended up heading to the LFS and snagged a piece I have wanted for a while now... not directly from the area I was hoping, but a closely related cousin.

The Tongan Yellow Leather

I am extremely excited about this piece and seems to already have settled in nicely to the tank. Here is a picture and video of it! (Not sure if the leather seems to be sprouting a new head?)

IMG_1559.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1560.mov
    5.7 MB
OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lather looks good. Keep the thread updated your livestock is beautiful
Will do! Been really fun rebooting the lagoon after so many years of using it.

Stock really is fun and a challenge as well! The Christmas Tree Rock is quite honestly my new favorite piece , and a piece I'm hoping to acquire more!

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exciting news for the lagoon!!

After a long weekend and some EPIC SALES

@A Reef Creation had an amazing sale, and well lets just say there will be some fun pieces headed to the KingTide Lagoon.. here is a little sneak peek of some of the pieces.... but one I am really excited for and cannot wait to grow out my own personal colony of... the..

OG UFO MICROMUSSA
giphy.gif

Hope you all enjoy, and hope you had a fun weekend like myself! (I know my wallet didn't)

Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 8.38.47 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 8.37.57 PM.png

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BIG DAY for the Lagoon tomoorrow!

Two shipments coming in with livestock, and another with a new IM frag rack.. going to need it with everything coming in from @A Reef Creation and @uniquecorals

Big excitement for a new special softie coming into the tank... will just give you a hint for now..

giphy.gif

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Giddy like a kid on Christmas..

giphy.gif

I got my first package from @uniquecorals and man I am so excited!!

Here she is, my new frag of Koji Wade Japanese Pink Nepthea!

Thanks again @uniquecorals , and thanks for slipping in the free frag as well!

giphy.gif

IMG_1888.JPG IMG_1887.JPG

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drum roll please...

giphy.gif

@A Reef Creation shipment came in and oh my god did they bring the fire!
giphy.gif

Stellar pieces, and I honestly feel like I walked away from that sale as much on the positive side of things as I could of.. 5$ frags everywhere! Really excited for the weeping willow to work its polyps out and can not stop drooling over the micromussa!

Thanks again @tnyr5 for helping me make the decision! You were not wrong! Happy reefing everyone!

IMG_1897.JPG

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lagoon is on FIRE

giphy.gif

Just got in @PacificEastAquaculture shipment, and wow! They really have done it. Been wanting to try a clam again after a failed attempt about 7 years ago (never could muster the courage). REGARDLESS..

The lagoon is now home to two beauty maximas! Check em out, also please...

Please help me

IMG_1977.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops guess I should have been more specific. The Yellow leather lol
Its a fun piece, actually very grateful that I picked it up because...

1. They gave me 25% off because they had it so long, and the owner likes me a little LOL
2. They just recently had a bad batch of salt (total tragedy) and lots of loss in livestock... Was one of the tanks that the Tongan Yellow was in..

So, I am super happy I was able to give it a new home, seems happy. Male Spotcintcus clown claims it as home half the time the female kicks him out of the long polyp toadstool.

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a fun piece, actually very grateful that I picked it up because...

1. They gave me 25% off because they had it so long, and the owner likes me a little LOL
2. They just recently had a bad batch of salt (total tragedy) and lots of loss in livestock... Was one of the tanks that the Tongan Yellow was in..

So, I am super happy I was able to give it a new home, seems happy. Male Spotcintcus clown claims it as home half the time the female kicks him out of the long polyp toadstool.

Wow! Good thing you picked it up then my female clown has an attachment to mine too..

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... I did it... with how things have been going I decided to go against my judgement from many moons ago..

I got a clam.... make that two LOL

@PacificEastAquaculture had too many gems to not finally give it a go. Got them drip acclimated for 45 min (per vendor), placed them into the tank, and sat back and became the helicopter reefer I know I am

giphy.gif

Initially was worried with one of the clams due to the fact it seemed "in my opinion" it was gaping. Reached out to @PacificEastAquaculture and got feedback that it seemed all in order. Wonder if its just the clam getting used to his new home? Regardless gorgeous clams and excited, mainly nervous, to run my chances again! Cheers all and happy reefing!

Really could use all the advice I can get on these animals! Watching and reading since I ordered them two weeks ago.

IMG_1983.JPG IMG_1992.JPG

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deals.. thats what we like... RIGHT?

Well, recently on a FB group locally a reefer was ditching out some leathers... and well everyone can already probably tell I like softies... A LOT

giphy.gif

SO today I grabbed three pieces.

1. A nice 1.5" chunk of some blue nepthea
2. A 1" piece of green Kenya tree
3. A "Fiji" Yellow Toadstool

Thats right. A FIJI Toadstool.... or what I was told.... I have a Tongan yellow tooadstool, but this will be fun to see whether it has a difference and is that brighter yellow! It wasn't happy in his tank obviously from some of the tissue receding, but polyps were starting to appear 1-2 hrs after addition to the tank... so....

#SAVETHEFIJI is in full force.

040669FE-F685-4F56-9257-8D3794B60AA3 2.JPG

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.7%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.8%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 97 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back