OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM SO JELOUS!!! I’ve been looking for literal YEARS for yellow leather, Tonga or Fiji!! I CANT FIND ONE!! I’d love one!
Funny you say this.. I have the second colony I just got, and currently working on reviving that came from a tank that it did not do well in..

If things pan out, I will be fragging the second colony!

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny you say this.. I have the second colony I just got, and currently working on reviving that came from a tank that it did not do well in..

If things pan out, I will be fragging the second colony!
PLEASE will you ship??? I’ve got an sps dominant tank right now that I’m looking to add some bulk to. Yellow leather has been on my list for years but it’s always so expensive/out of stock for shipping and it’s never at my lfs. I’m DYING to have some!!

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PLEASE will you ship??? I’ve got an sps dominant tank right now that I’m looking to add some bulk to. Yellow leather has been on my list for years but it’s always so expensive/out of stock for shipping and it’s never at my lfs. I’m DYING to have some!!
If, and when I get this colony to stabilize and get happy, I will be making some frags, then can get them healthy and ready to ship, and as soon as they are I will let you know immediately!

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also just want to give a big thanks to this community for the support with my new channel!

If you have not checked it out yet please feel free to come on by! 3 uploads so far, and shooting for weekly uploads! Once again though big thanks to you all and feel free to share my channel to others!

Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 8.02.16 PM.png

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well reefers....

I feel as though operation #SAVETHEFIJI is going pretty well.. Polyps are working their way out, supposedly had not done so at all in previous tank it was in...

Progress... things go slow when trying to medicate a coral back to health.. seems as though things are working! Here is a picture as of today.. sneak peak at the new gorg I got as well this afternoon.

IMG_3483.jpg

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some really fun additions have been made and some changes as well!

Took the euphyilla and got them set up top to begin my "euphyilla garden"... that being said, I have two hammers (teal and micro pink) and a orange/peach octospawn. Any suggestions for others to add on the top arch way?

Oh also.. the new christmas tree worm rock is legitimately INSANE! Loving the lagoon and the vibes I am getting especially on the Sunday Funday! Enjoy..

IMG_3756.jpg

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blaine! How have you found caring for the octospawn? Is it any more finicky than the more common euphyllias?

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blaine! How have you found caring for the octospawn? Is it any more finicky than the more common euphyllias?
You know, honestly this one has seemed to be fairly straight forward! I feel as though Im running nearer and nearer to my old school ways of allowing the water to get "meaty"

I.E. - Allowing the water to get quite a bit of nutrition (dosing All for Reef, adding live phyto, dosing Reef Nutrition*oyster feast mainly)

With that in mind I think it benefits the system as a whole, but I never really considered how It would basically almost "self feed" my euphyilla. They seem quite happy and the octo is super chunky!

... I'm blabbering now, but I think the new @Kessil AP9X has been REALLY helpful..

giphy.gif

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know, honestly this one has seemed to be fairly straight forward! I feel as though Im running nearer and nearer to my old school ways of allowing the water to get "meaty"

I.E. - Allowing the water to get quite a bit of nutrition (dosing All for Reef, adding live phyto, dosing Reef Nutrition*oyster feast mainly)

With that in mind I think it benefits the system as a whole, but I never really considered how It would basically almost "self feed" my euphyilla. They seem quite happy and the octo is super chunky!

... I'm blabbering now, but I think the new @Kessil AP9X has been REALLY helpful..

giphy.gif

That helps, so thank you! And yeah, I’m moving forward with more of an “old school”
Mindset for my build. Ecosystem/biological focus before mechanical and chemical.

I also don’t plan on either chasing numbers of worrying about keeping basic nutrients super low.

thanks again though! Octospawn is definitely in my coral list

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That helps, so thank you! And yeah, I’m moving forward with more of an “old school”
Mindset for my build. Ecosystem/biological focus before mechanical and chemical.

I also don’t plan on either chasing numbers of worrying about keeping basic nutrients super low.

thanks again though! Octospawn is definitely in my coral list
Agreed! I utilize some new concept tech, but in the grand scheme going with a more nutrient heavy system. Of course, still exporting with the skimmer and it gets some goods in the collection cup.

giphy.gif

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I LOVE THIS TANK!!! Been looking for an octospawn that color for a long time but they always seem to be crazy expensive!! How is it so close to your hammers??? I have a very nice hammer garden and wanted an octo in there to break up the texture a little but wasn’t sure if they play nice. As for hammer suggestions, my toxic green splatter looks amazing!! Definitely one of my favs. I recently bought an indo gold hammer as well and it’s stunning! I agree with keeping the water ‘meaty’ my corals have never been happier!!

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I LOVE THIS TANK!!! Been looking for an octospawn that color for a long time but they always seem to be crazy expensive!! How is it so close to your hammers??? I have a very nice hammer garden and wanted an octo in there to break up the texture a little but wasn’t sure if they play nice. As for hammer suggestions, my toxic green splatter looks amazing!! Definitely one of my favs. I recently bought an indo gold hammer as well and it’s stunning! I agree with keeping the water ‘meaty’ my corals have never been happier!!
Thank you!!

So I had the octo and micro hammers right next to each other for a week or so on the frag rack ans they played nice so I decided why not go ahead put them in place on the rock work so fingers crossed!

giphy.gif

The octo I got was on a LFS live sale and got it for an insane price of 40$!

Appreciate the love and checking out the thread!

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second maybe try a splatter hammer would give some green/purple to your euphyilla garden.

Those bounces are beautiful! That OG is has stupid bubbles for being so small!
Yeah the teal is nice but maybe some green would be good!

Also I know!!! That OG has some of the biggest bubbles for a little one. Covers the entire skirt! LOL

Back