OP
C

chris jones 105

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may not be technology friendly, but you certainly seem to be reef friendly!
Yes I've been at it for over twenty years, had salt water fish tanks before corals where able to b kept, I'm almost an old fart,LOL. thx. Chris...

Greenreef75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to a great site with great people! Your tank looks great! Excited to see the waterbox.

ramona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beutiful tank. Do you mind sharing the details of your maintanence and feeding schedule?

OP
OP
C

chris jones 105

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beutiful tank. Do you mind sharing the details of your maintanence and feeding schedule?
Dont do much maintenance, use a dosing pump for Alk, calcium. Auto topoff, Test water once a week maybe, (if something looks off) change 10% water every couple weeks. Try'd to make it ULM, which it is. The key is stability in Every aspect, (temp, salinity, major trace, lighting.) I also dose ESV transition elements, use ESV for major elements, and four part salt. Auto topoff is vary important, (salinity) Feed frozen foods, new life spectrum pellets. Has 9 fish in it 4 or 5 shrimps, 3 crabs, many dorf stars, one big brittle star. Snails and a few hermits . And I have par meter, good to know the par, vary expensive but well worth noting my par. Which is bout 300 to the middle of the tank. Dont mind helping people be successful, Took me many years to get that far. Any questions feel free to ask.. Hope to do a build thread as soon as I can.thx chris

20190823_191307.jpg

ramona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for details. You achieved great growth in 2 years. What light do you use?

OP
OP
C

chris jones 105

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eco tec xr30w g4, two 24"blue plus T5s, Hense the need for a par meter. AB+ on the XR30. 12 hours a day, 5 hours bout 80%.. Think most of the growth is stability " " " " ". Every coral in their were grown from frags. And I feed usually any time I walk by the tank, (little here and their).its important to keep Nitrates &phosphates above 0. Remember though every tank is different. Plus I dont use a protein skimmer, have a small refugium in one of the back compartments, seems to work vary well..As well as a filter sock in another compartment.

20190824_201536.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 48 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back