Rating - 100%
3   0   0
welcome2.gif

OldRed1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefer from Australia here had saltwater tanks on and off for the last 12 years always been obsessed with corals can't escape it. I'm a big fan of diy tank setups love to get my hands dirty and my skills pushed to the limit. looking at starting my biggest project to date a 8'x2'x2' diy built acrylic tank hopefully I can do a build thread on it. So far i have drawn up the plans and am about to start building the stand, love to hear your thoughts and interests if it's something you guys would like to see.
Very cool! Welcome to the forum!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefer from Australia here had saltwater tanks on and off for the last 12 years always been obsessed with corals can't escape it. I'm a big fan of diy tank setups love to get my hands dirty and my skills pushed to the limit. looking at starting my biggest project to date a 8'x2'x2' diy built acrylic tank hopefully I can do a build thread on it. So far i have drawn up the plans and am about to start building the stand, love to hear your thoughts and interests if it's something you guys would like to see.

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Excited you are already considering your build thread. I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I wish I had started while still in planning stages, which sounds like you are at that phase right now. Instead, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
Aussiereef

Aussiereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the welcome and the support all. Here is a quick draw up of what im doing sorry my measurements are in millimeters we run on the metric system down here haha. I'll start up a build thread soon hopefully you can find your way over to that and follow my pain. Gona be getting the timber in the next few days so should not be to long.

Attachments

• 20220331_130530.jpg
    20220331_130530.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 15

328 reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great size tank. I myself have a 8x24x24 acrylic tank the has been running for 2 months. upgraded from a 125 glass tank.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
Aussiereef

Aussiereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great size tank. I myself have a 8x24x24 acrylic tank the has been running for 2 months. upgraded from a 125 glass tank.
Nice that's almost the same as what I'm upgrading from but was used for freshwater thought to myself if im gona do saltwater agean may as well go big

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 68 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back