91822D64-AE4E-42AD-8977-97D162FBA516.jpeg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while, and posting here and there. Short introduction. I play/teach music for a living. I've been interested in aquariums (also reptiles and birds) since childhood. My first 10 years were spent in Liberia, West Africa. We moved to California, and around age 13 I started a 15g FW tank, and had various tanks through college. My 55g saltwater tank (in the '80s) was problematic, switched to a smaller setup with just fish. Then college abroad, life stuff, etc..

In 2011, just divorced, I set up a reef aquarium in that old 15g tank I still had, for myself and my two boys. Great fun and the kids really liked it. That tank got moved into a 20g, which peaked then moved into a 40g breeder, which was probably my most successful tank so far. Currently I have a 93g rimless which has had its ups and downs, and is currently in a sort of "restart phase". I'll post a pic of that here, but am planning on starting a tank thread. The 3 tangs have been with me for 10-11 years. There is a pair of clownfish, and a C. nox dwarf angel, but that one is hard to photograph! I live in Santa Cruz, California.

FTS_202302.jpg

Cheers, --Lars

Hi Lars and Welcome! Glad you joined. This is a great family hobby - I'm excited you are sharing your passion with the next generation!

CONGRATS on already having your Build Thread Badge - YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY - WAHOO!!!

This might help you find people local to you in Santa Cruz:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back