Hey there!! Newbie from the UK

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eike
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Thanks very much! Spent 2 weeks building the rock structure until I was 100% happy with it. Still got a list of key pieces of coral I want to get, so its not quite finished yet. They were very expensive bad experiences lol
 
I like. The center column is a great effect, the system is very healthy;)
 
Thanks Ljaus,

As a beginner I will probably ask some stupid questions lol

No such thing as stupid question when it comes to reefing, a stupid question might save someone's reef tank. Your tank is awesome really love the aquascape, you are already doing a great job.
 
Welcome to R2R! Cool tank.

welcom.jpg
 
Thanks guys, very much appreciated.
 
*Nice to meet you Eike!* Wow.The rock structure and placement of the corals is lovely and memorable.How on earth did you create it? I am sure the process would make a interesting thread here.Thank you for sharing these photos!

1475471003572.jpg
 
*Nice to meet you Eike!* Wow.The rock structure and placement of the corals is lovely and memorable.How on earth did you create it? I am sure the process would make a interesting thread here.Thank you for sharing these

Many thanks for the compliment. It took a number of weeks to get the rock structure completed to a point where I was happy with it and alot of patience. It all started from a 5 minute sketch (see attached) these were a number of sketch options I produced. The tank is deep so I knew it needed to be more of a tower structure to maximize the surface area for coral placements. The only unfortunate thing is the top rock casts too much shadow on the front of the rock structure making coral placement difficult. I have recently replaced the rock shelf to the right of the structure with a large red playing monti. I will upload pics once i am happy with the final placement!

WP_20160423_006.jpg


WP_20160423_007.jpg


WP_20160424_001.jpg


WP_20160424_003.jpg


WP_20160502_001.jpg


WP_20160502_002.jpg


WP_20160510_001.jpg


WP_20160513_006.jpg
 
Nice scape!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new