Hi all. 60g mixed reef here.

Journeyman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 16, 2019
Messages
236
Reaction score
309
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I've been in and out of the hobby for probably about 15 years. I took a10 year break when I got a wife and kids. But got back in about 5 years ago.

I got back in with a 34 Solana. I loved all the new advances, which made keeping a bank tank much easier. I like a more natural approach and filter with just a skimmer and ats/refugium combo. After about 4 years I had a thriving mixed reef tank (from softies to acros) and got the itch to upgrade.

I found a 60g setup and upgraded. That's been up and running the last 8-9 months now and I'm really enjoying it. I transplanted most of my corals from the 34. I did lose a few acros unfortunately, but everything else did well. I'm now filling up the extra space I have. It's fun watching the frags grow up!

Here's a couple pictures of my tanks. The support crowded one was my 34g Solana. The other one is my current 60g setup. Believe it or not almost all the same corals from the 34 are in the 60. I'm not used to all the empty space yet...
9aa619f443811cf6dbb6cc2ab6a8fcb0.jpg
dfbb15831b15f7d605b3b89fc7c786b3.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new