Hi everyone from Hungary!

SmilingTurtle

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2026
Messages
13
Reaction score
24
Location
Hungary, Budapest
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In this first post, I’d like to share the initial setup and starting point of my build.
For a long time, I was looking at different aquarium kits. Eventually, it wasn’t even about buying one anymore, but about building my own setup.
After a lot of calculations and research, I finally reached the point where I could start putting everything together (see attached photo).
I know there may still be some risk factors involved, but I’ve already tried to account for and minimize them during planning.

Current equipment:
Aquarium: 21 gallons
Protein skimmer: IOAOI (rated for 30 gallons)
Return pump: 800 L/h
Heater: EHEIM Thermocontrol e 75W
Lighting: GLOWRIUM Smart Light
I haven’t purchased a wavemaker yet.

For now, this is the setup.
Any advice, suggestions, or help are more than welcome — I’d really appreciate it!

20260209_195119.jpg 20260209_195130.jpg
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
 
In this first post, I’d like to share the initial setup and starting point of my build.
For a long time, I was looking at different aquarium kits. Eventually, it wasn’t even about buying one anymore, but about building my own setup.
After a lot of calculations and research, I finally reached the point where I could start putting everything together (see attached photo).
I know there may still be some risk factors involved, but I’ve already tried to account for and minimize them during planning.

Current equipment:
Aquarium: 21 gallons
Protein skimmer: IOAOI (rated for 30 gallons)
Return pump: 800 L/h
Heater: EHEIM Thermocontrol e 75W
Lighting: GLOWRIUM Smart Light
I haven’t purchased a wavemaker yet.

For now, this is the setup.
Any advice, suggestions, or help are more than welcome — I’d really appreciate it!

20260209_195119.jpg 20260209_195130.jpg
I use an external canister filter . You can add various media to it. I use a Fluval 307. It might make a nice addition
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new