Hi everyone!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dozerman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dozerman

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2012
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Location
Ontario
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came across this site while browsing this morning and decided to join, (the LED light contest may have had a little to do with it :tongue:) But I love finding a new forum with new ideas.

I'm Jonathon, and my girlfriend Sara and I have been working on our 180g reef for almost a year now. We have a mix of LPS, SPS, and soft corals along with a giant blue carpet anemone, several fish including a total of 7 tangs (vlamingii, purple, sailfin, 3 yellows, and regal blue), a pair of mandarins, firefish, chromis, blennies, black saddle clowns etc etc etc.
The tank setup includes a vertex IN180 skimmer, nextreef reactor with bio-pellets, ecoplus 1584 return pump, 2 x 4 foot vertex illumilux (one blue and one white/blue) and a 6 foot 8 bulb T5 fixture with moonlight LEDs, all controlled by a Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper.

I have been in the hobby for around 20 years in total starting with tropical fish, chiclids, and finally starting a 10g marine tank about 15 years ago which quickly moved up to a 35, then a 90, and finally a 120 about 5 years ago. After a divorce, moving to an apartment and downsizing to a 40g cube, moving in with my current girlfriend, going from the cube to a new 125, having our basement flood and moving to our current 180g i have become practiced at moving tanks! We also have a 120g planted tropical self-sustaining ecosystem. I do not change water or clean the tank ever, and very rarely feed the fish. This tank ran for 8 months completely ignored after our flood until we finally refinished the basement. The only thing i did during this time was top up the water when it dropped a few inches from the top. All fish are doing well, and plants need trimming every month or so.

I will post some pictures later when i get time. For now, happy reefing all, be posting more soon!
 
Hi there and welcome to R2R!! Thanks for joining and please post often!
 
Welcome aboard! We are very happy to have you here :bigsmile:.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new