Hi From Alabama

casper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking over this thread ever since i joined and i think it is just wonderful.:biggrin: Everybody seems so nice and helpful.There can even be a disagreement and all turns out well.
I actually started in marine aquariums around 20 years ago, but due to traveling for work and having a teenage daughter, time to care for and just enjoy my aquariums was just not possible.:mad:
Now i have time to enjoy it and i have two grandsons that are making it even better than before. I have a 20 gallon tank that i want to fill up with Zoas and shrooms and feather dusters and corals as i can afford to. I have a 10 gal. set up just for Dwarf seahorses.I had a little 2.5 gal. set up and my daughter bought me 4 dwarfs for my bday, but for some reason they all died. So, i set up the 10 gallon to help keep the water more stable. I will get more as soon as i can and try again. I kept dwarfs and large seahorses before and had no problem with either.:confused: My oldest grandson wanted me to fix him an aquarium, so i set him up a fresh water 10 gal that is doing really well. Had 10 baby guppies the first month. Now his little brother has a 20 gal tank and he gave him 3 females yesterday to get started.
We have two aquarium shops within 20 miles, both are extremely high price( due to the fact they have no compition) and what info is offered is usually wrong.They will tell you anything for a sale. That is why i needed somewhere to get good info. After looking at many sites i decided this was the one to follow. Thanks for reading my ramblings.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well your post makes me feel great! It also says a lot about our wonderful members and staff here at R2R. :D

Welcome to R2R, kick off your shoes and stay a while! ;)

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Welcome! Glad you joined us, everyone here is very nice and helpful. There are no stupid questions and everyone is usually happy to chime in and offer their help and advice. So again welcome and hope you enjoy yourself here.

OP
OP
C

casper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everybody. I am sure i will have many questions, but for now every thing is doing well in my aquarium and i am just reading and looking for cheap ( but quality ) livestock and supply's for the hobby.

P.S. revhtree: I'm at work so you know i kick my shoes off to enjoy the breaks.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You a BAMA fan?

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What part of the state is Morgan City? Name rings a bell, but I don't know Al all that well yet (though I should by now).

A funny thing about living in Montgomery and not being an Auburn or Alabama fan is that just before any nurse sticks you, you get the question, "So, Auburn or Alabama?", and a sneer. When you say Ole Miss, they don't know how to react. (lips zipped in the peanut gallery, Rev:D).

OP
OP
C

casper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morgan City is a little dot in N.AL half way between Huntsville And Arab.

HA Ha Ha My daughter is a nurse, I'll have to get her to try that and see what kind of reaction she gets from her patients.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back