Hi From Queensland Australia

bubba92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, bubba92 here, here's a little about me :cool:

In 2010 I developed a keen interest in marine aquariums, mostly due to a guy I worked with who had amazing tanks! I ended up buying myself a 6ft tank and cycling it, just to pack it up and put it in storage because I got a job on the other side of Australia :rolleyes: It's been just over 10 years now and I'm finally in a position to set up another tank!

Looking at aquariums and equipment now, 10 years later, it blows my mind to see how much things have developed. There are so many more affordable and easier options these days. I've got my heart set on setting up an Aqua One Reefsys 255 as it represents great value, and with the right gear will house anything that the more expensive tanks will.

I found reef2reef from a google search looking for marine aquarium forums and was pleased to see it's still very active. I guess a lot of other forums have been killed off by facebook which is lame, facebook is good for a lot of things, but not for reading up on information about aquariums or keeping a tank journal ;)

I live on the beautiful Sunshine Coast, in Queensland Australia, and I'm 29 years old!

Thanks for reading

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Reefer of Oz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yo yo bubba92.... Welcome!
Is it serendipity or coincidence that has brought you back to the salty craft!? Either way good to have ya. And you have certainly found a valuable tool to jump back into it here at R2R. Plenty of experience and opinions to get those wheels a turning. You also seem eager document your own progress and experience, start up a build thread and post updates to add to this wealth of knowledge.

OP
OP
bubba92

bubba92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yo yo bubba92.... Welcome!
Is it serendipity or coincidence that has brought you back to the salty craft!? Either way good to have ya. And you have certainly found a valuable tool to jump back into it here at R2R. Plenty of experience and opinions to get those wheels a turning. You also seem eager document your own progress and experience, start up a build thread and post updates to add to this wealth of knowledge.
I think it's something that's been in the back of my mind for the last 10 years. I've spent the last 10 years traveling and living a bit of a transient life, but now I've got my feet firmly planted - it's reef time!

And yeah, I used to use an Australian forum called masa, (which is now inactive) and I used to love following the tank journals on there. It's a great way to document your tanks progress, as well as get feedback on things, so once I get up and running I'll definitely start one :)

ssunthar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, bubba92 here, here's a little about me :cool:

In 2010 I developed a keen interest in marine aquariums, mostly due to a guy I worked with who had amazing tanks! I ended up buying myself a 6ft tank and cycling it, just to pack it up and put it in storage because I got a job on the other side of Australia :rolleyes: It's been just over 10 years now and I'm finally in a position to set up another tank!

Looking at aquariums and equipment now, 10 years later, it blows my mind to see how much things have developed. There are so many more affordable and easier options these days. I've got my heart set on setting up an Aqua One Reefsys 255 as it represents great value, and with the right gear will house anything that the more expensive tanks will.

I found reef2reef from a google search looking for marine aquarium forums and was pleased to see it's still very active. I guess a lot of other forums have been killed off by facebook which is lame, facebook is good for a lot of things, but not for reading up on information about aquariums or keeping a tank journal ;)

I live on the beautiful Sunshine Coast, in Queensland Australia, and I'm 29 years old!

Thanks for reading
Welcome welcome

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 78 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 30 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back