Hi, nano skimmer 02 or 04?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Helifreak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I am looking to buy a nano skimmer for my 20 gallon, I will put it inside the tank and was wondering which one do you recommend? And not having a ATO would it not work. Right now I top off in the morning before work and at night.
And can you tell me the difference between them.

I am going to try to keep RBTA and a pair of clowns and Firefish.

thank you

Craig Borowski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Helifreak,

The 9002 will be plenty big enough. The 9004 would also work, but it is slightly larger. The 9004 has the advantage of surface skimming, so that is an added benefit.

So either would work very well. If you plan to upgrade to a larger tank then the 9004 would be the better choice.

If you top off once or twice a day then the either skimmer will work fine without an automatic top-off. But if you can't top off every day, then any skimmer you use will have lower performance as the water level fluctuates.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Craig

OP
OP
H

Helifreak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I recieve my 9004 and install it last night. The foam is awesome and I do see some dark stuff already. But I seem to have a problem with Microbubbles, I have the water line on top of the surface skimmer. The microbubbles is all over the tank, Is there anything I'm doing wrong? I'm not sure is it new or I'm adjusting the air wrong, I have it on a little tight as I don't like to overflow or constantly emptying it. Would putting a foam in the bottom help,as I didn't purchase it.

thanks

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I recieve my 9004 and install it last night. The foam is awesome and I do see some dark stuff already. But I seem to have a problem with Microbubbles, I have the water line on top of the surface skimmer. The microbubbles is all over the tank, Is there anything I'm doing wrong? I'm not sure is it new or I'm adjusting the air wrong, I have it on a little tight as I don't like to overflow or constantly emptying it. Would putting a foam in the bottom help,as I didn't purchase it.

I've had mine going for about a month with no sponge. Took 2 or 3 days for the micro bubbles to go away. Love the skimmer. l upgraded from the 9002 on a 30gal.

OP
OP
H

Helifreak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks, I'm on like 5 days and still microbubble. I'm really hoping is just need to get dirty. What water level are you setting it on?

Craig Borowski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can take up to two weeks for the microbubbles to fully go away. As long as the skimmer body is fully snapped together, then the bubbles should go away pretty soon.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 49.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back