Hi! New to the community and saltwater...

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I have had freshwater tanks on and off my whole life. I am now interested in venturing into saltwater with a fish and corals tank. I've been researching for a few weeks now, watching lots of YouTube videos and reading through more than I can remember. I'm starting to plan my build and having trouble deciding on a tank. The tank will be in my living room and I will have recliners on each side of it, so viewing for me will mostly be from my recliner (side view). I'm leaning toward a 4'x2'x2' (or close to it). I've been looking at the Waterbox, Innovative Marine, and Red Sea tanks that include the sump, but I'm not sure which way to go.

I'd love to hear any suggestions and ideas from others and look forward to joining the community!
Welcome to R2R. Start a build tread too
Welcome to R2R.JPG

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the salty side and the community! I would say (as others have) to check out the members tanks area to get inspiration then do a run down of the costs (one time and monthly) for the tank you're thinking about. It's amazing how quickly it adds up so it's good to go into it eyes wide open. I'm shocked at how much I have spent so far on my 5g and it's as low tech as you can get. :)

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I have had freshwater tanks on and off my whole life. I am now interested in venturing into saltwater with a fish and corals tank. I've been researching for a few weeks now, watching lots of YouTube videos and reading through more than I can remember. I'm starting to plan my build and having trouble deciding on a tank. The tank will be in my living room and I will have recliners on each side of it, so viewing for me will mostly be from my recliner (side view). I'm leaning toward a 4'x2'x2' (or close to it). I've been looking at the Waterbox, Innovative Marine, and Red Sea tanks that include the sump, but I'm not sure which way to go.

I'd love to hear any suggestions and ideas from others and look forward to joining the community!

Hi Stacey and Welcome! Glad you joined

Agree with those saying all those options are good, though watching craigslist for someone upsizing or leaving hobby for life reasons might get you a quality used tank for less money - it just takes longer to find those gems.

This is a good reference book type article I still find myself referencing:

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• 70433.png
    70433.png
    57 KB · Views: 17
Back