Hi.

ImaFlippinDolphin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish you the best of luck, setting up a system with familial participation is cathartic and a bonding experience and an anxiety relief. Setting up your own system simultaneously, feeds the inner competitor...setting a system up after over a decade of absence from it with results...priceless. said no credit card company ever. Welcome to R2R

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all for the welcome messages!

The anxiety isn't tank related - just a thing that runs in the family, and is exacerbated by...that stuff going on in the world. Reefing has been therapeutic for me, and I think it will be good for my teenage offspring to have a new project to devote some time and attention to - and hopefully find some moments of zen ;Happy.

The mistakes I've made in the past mostly revolve around cutting corners and trying to move too quickly. These are the main things we are going to do differently this time. Probably the most important thing, if I had to pick one, will be EVERYTHING gets quarantined.

We'd like to have this new tank in the main living area of the house. The noise of the current tank is a pain point for my wife, and our house is fairly small. I'm thinking something small, maybe 50-ish gallons. As far as livestock, we really love Swimmy (our current 12-year-old percula clown). We haven't decided if we'll try to convince her to move, or start with a new pair. Beyond the clown(s), an anemone, a cleaner shrimp, and a clean-up crew, we've agreed only that we will take things SLOW, and unanimous consent will be required.

i was concerned about the noise issue. i recently increased the return flow in my salt and can now hear the water gurgling in the FW i can hear the HOB pumps, biowheels, air pump, and the water return.
overall once i realize that nothing in the kitchen is flooding, no house plumbing or the roof is leaking, the sounds are soothing and if the tv is on the sounds are not distracting

SCReef'n

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Mike
Welcome to R2R!!!
giphy.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community !!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back