Hiding Nem

Danh Ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a bta from a lfs yesterday. This morning, it hides inside the rock, nem is around 3” still inflated. I turnes light off last night. Should I use powerhead to force him out. Or just turn on the light and let him settle down? I know I will stress him even more if I point the powerhead toward him. But I’m worried that it is hard to get him out after he settles.
Any idea

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave him and if he settles there don’t try to remove it because it will likely just end up in the same spot . They keep moving until there comfortable

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes leave it while it acclimates to your tank.

flooddc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave it alone and don't try to feed it either. If it healthy and no foot damage it will quickly settle into a spot. Also, if you haven't already nem-proof your powerhead, it is the time to do so. Otherwise, your new nem will be shredded to bits as new nem will likely to release it foot to move around the tank to find a suitable spot.

OP
OP
Danh Ngo

Danh Ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the flow, should I turn off the power head?
Do I need lighting acclimation? Using aquaticlife Hybrid T5 + 2 radion xr15

OP
OP
Danh Ngo

Danh Ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an Update, nem keeps hiding, mouth is close tight, inflate when light are on, but not getting too much light in that corner. Should I start to do s/thing?

Back