High Alk and Cal??

tb582

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t seem to figure out why both my Alk and Cal are high! See other posts but my corals are NOT happen to say the least. I need to know if my calc and Alk levels are causing this?

Most everything I’ve read says if your cal is high your Alk is usually low but that’s not my case!

IMG_5163.png

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t seem to figure out why both my Alk and Cal are high! See other posts but my corals are NOT happen to say the least. I need to know if my calc and Alk levels are causing this?

Most everything I’ve read says if your cal is high your Alk is usually low but that’s not my case!

IMG_5163.png
they can both definitely be high together, what is your salinity? sometimes that is elevated as well.

as for how to lower them just stop adding them if your not adding them, I'd be curious what salt you are using if they are above your salt used levels I'd be curious about testing or possibly adding them without knowing in something else.

OP
OP
tb582

tb582

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using RODI water with purple instant ocean… salinity is 35.1 ppt … oh and I’m not dosing anything!

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using RODI water with purple instant ocean… salinity is 35.1 ppt … oh and I’m not dosing anything!

The alk is normal for that salt mix. The calcium is ok so I would not worry about it.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back