High Alk. Angry corals

MarineVet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

My alk was quite high at 12.8 and my tubs Monti and a couple acro frags are angry with me. Letting the corals consume the alk and down to 10. My salt mix runs at about 11.5-11.8. At the same time I had low salinity 1.0225. I raised the salinity to 1.025 by topping off with 1.026 water. That hurt my alk issue. Is there anything else I should be doing?

OP
OP
MarineVet

MarineVet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys.
Thinking the same. Don’t know why that batch tested so high. Supposed to be 8-9 alk for the mix. Fritz RPM. Have a new bag now. Will check the alk on this one.

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys.
Thinking the same. Don’t know why that batch tested so high. Supposed to be 8-9 alk for the mix. Fritz RPM. Have a new bag now. Will check the alk on this one.
That does not surprise with Fritz salt, why I stop using it yrs ago, ever mix I was getting all kinds of crazy reading especially mag, nothing was consistent from one mixed batch to the next

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard good things about fritz. What do you use? Red Sea or tropic Marin?
I use tropic marin pro...to me it’s what I want my parameters to be, and mixes clean ever single time and doesn’t leave brown crud in my mixing tank..ever batch I mix the parameters are also consistent...I tried Red Sea blue bucket but didn’t like it..the alk is low so I dose the batch to 8

OP
OP
MarineVet

MarineVet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use tropic marin pro...to me it’s what I want my parameters to be, and mixes clean ever single time and doesn’t leave brown crud in my mixing tank..ever batch I mix the parameters are also consistent...I tried Red Sea blue bucket but didn’t like it..the alk is low so I dose the batch to 8
Thank you for your feedback. Much appreciated

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 169 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back