High Alk , should I switch salts?

maybe I missed it, but are you dosing any ALK supplement? I use Reef Crystals which has high ALK as well but my tank stays around 6.5-7.0 dkh because it is being used up. Is your tank not naturally lowering it for you?
I am not dosing anything at the moment, just water changes weekly. I dont have tons of coral and the ones i do have are pretty small or dont use much alk. Im guessing is the reason mine stays so high.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new