PicassoClown04

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me looks something similar to vivid gold dust paly
Interesting! I was a little skeptical since gold dust zoas look more like Pandora’s but apparently Vivid’s Aquariums’ gold dust looks different. Definitely the same type of pattern but the colors are severely muted compared to mine. The babies look similar but the adult looks very different from mine
A1CCD13F-6439-4E50-80F2-FE66CDF1E132.jpeg

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting! I was a little skeptical since gold dust zoas look more like Pandora’s but apparently Vivid’s Aquariums’ gold dust looks different. Definitely the same type of pattern but the colors are severely muted compared to mine. The babies look similar but the adult looks very different from mine
A1CCD13F-6439-4E50-80F2-FE66CDF1E132.jpeg
I have them and mine look more similar to yours than their pictures... when I bought them last year they had different pictures of them but I can’t find them any more ):

OP
OP
PicassoClown04

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm maybe a morph of the NY Reef Gold Shlagger ones?

1607233639677.jpeg

Pink speckled middle, yellow ring, greenish skirt.
Very pretty! These are a great match except for the teeny tiny detail that the purple center extends a tiny bit further than mine. I’m not sure mine is an adult polyp yet so it may very well be this. Thank you!

Edit: It looks like only NY reef has this color morph available? If that’s true I’ll just make up a fake name that’s a mash up of all the close IDs so far since both the gold schlagger and Vivid’s gold dust only come from that retailer specifically and I can’t resell them under “NYRA Gold Schlagger” with a clear conscience because that’s not where I got em from :)

Last edited:

Renescence

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very pretty! These are a great match except for the teeny tiny detail that the purple center extends a tiny bit further than mine. I’m not sure mine is an adult polyp yet so it may very well be this. Thank you!

Edit: It looks like only NY reef has this color morph available? If that’s true I’ll just make up a fake name that’s a mash up of all the close IDs so far since both the gold schlagger and Vivid’s gold dust only come from that retailer specifically and I can’t resell them under “NYRA Gold Schlagger” with a clear conscience because that’s not where I got em from :)
I think @Mateusz was also selling one! But no idea where he got it. (I high-key want it)

1607267204165.jpeg

Maybe it doesn’t have a specific lineage??? :(

OP
OP
PicassoClown04

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think @Mateusz was also selling one! But no idea where he got it. (I high-key want it)

1607267204165.jpeg

Maybe it doesn’t have a specific lineage??? :(
But that one doesn’t look like it has any green! That’s actually the one I found first when I looked for other Gold Schlaggers. I’ve ordered from Mateusz before, nice zoas and they were very healthy upon arrival. Colors slightly differed from the pictures but nothing extreme and it was probably just a difference in lighting. I also managed to snag one of the true yellow hammers and it’s a beauty!

Renescence

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But that one doesn’t look like it has any green! That’s actually the one I found first when I looked for other Gold Schlaggers. I’ve ordered from Mateusz before, nice zoas and they were very healthy upon arrival. Colors slightly differed from the pictures but nothing extreme and it was probably just a difference in lighting. I also managed to snag one of the true yellow hammers and it’s a beauty!
I’ve ordered from him before too! I think with this picture the green is very very faint but I can still kinda see it? Yours is definitely a lot brighter!

OP
OP
PicassoClown04

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve ordered from him before too! I think with this picture the green is very very faint but I can still kinda see it? Yours is definitely a lot brighter!
Mine is definitely a pretty lime green color, not that washed out sort of sea foam tinker bell green. It’s only a very slight difference and I think it may be the same zoa that just morphed the shade of green a little bit due to differences in lighting or water chemistry which is very common! I’ll let it sit for a couple months then update this thread again to see if it morphs because I have only had it for about a week. We shall see!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back