High Fiber fish foods?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Schulks
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Schulks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 2, 2022
Messages
1,061
Reaction score
631
Location
Over yonder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my yellow watchman goby is constipated because his belly is large/pale looking. I saw him pass a large one the other day too lol. It was solid brown though.
I also realized all my food is high protein/low fiber.

He recently started catching a few pieces of seaweed from the flow but I just started feeding that.

What foods can I toss in to get him some relief??

I've read about boiling and peeling some peas but I'd like a fish food I can just buy and toss in.
 
Watchman gobies will often eat until incredibly bloated and take pretty big poops, but if you're concerned I know some people will use Epsom salts or raw pea as a laxative. Live brine is also a decent laxative
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new