High Nitrate, NO Phosphate

  • Thread starter Thread starter BanZI29
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Thanks! I'm increasing feedings but not noticing any increase yet. Trying not to be too drastic, but it seems like I may need to start dosing. I have Spionid worms in the sand and a hungry Nassarius snail that both grab most of the leftover food, so it must be really difficult to overfeed.
Feeding more is often the easiest and fastest. Dosing N and P also works well.
 
Thanks! I'm increasing feedings but not noticing any increase yet. Trying not to be too drastic, but it seems like I may need to start dosing. I have Spionid worms in the sand and a hungry Nassarius snail that both grab most of the leftover food, so it must be really difficult to overfeed.
I would not feed more as a solution unless both PO4 and NO3 are below where you want them. If at any point, only 1 of PO4 and NO3 is too low, then dose just the one that is low. Otherwise, it will take a long long time to get them in balance.
 
I would not feed more as a solution unless both PO4 and NO3 are below where you want them. If at any point, only 1 of PO4 and NO3 is too low, then dose just the one that is low. Otherwise, it will take a long long time to get them in balance.

He said both were low. This is not the situation of the op.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new