High Nitrates

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently we only make a 4" sock. We might make a 7" version in the future, but this will require new tooling and a lot of time. For a short term solution we created an adapter for our 4” filters. It obviously wouldn't provide the capacity of the 7", but it would provide an option for systems with lighter bio loads. We are testing the prototypes now. Let me know if you have any other questions.

IMG_3382.jpg
Thats cool! Once you get a 7" I think you will be selling hot cakes from then on

OP
OP
Seascapes

Seascapes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, white vinegar only.
I've been dosing 15ml for 4 days and using purit. My phospates are zero. So I'm feeding again to the tank. Nitrates are 40. Should I continue to dose the vinagar today?

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been dosing 15ml for 4 days and using purit. My phospates are zero. So I'm feeding again to the tank. Nitrates are 40. Should I continue to dose the vinagar today?
You may find that once PO4 becomes depleted, dosing vinegar to reduce nitrate slows down or stops. You may have to add PO4.

OP
OP
Seascapes

Seascapes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may find that once PO4 becomes depleted, dosing vinegar to reduce nitrate slows down or stops. You may have to add PO4.
Okay I'm feeding again to bring phosphates back up.. if feeding doesn't help I'll get some PO4. Thank you

OP
OP
Seascapes

Seascapes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is a old thread but I am having the same issues with high nitrates. I removed my all ceramic media. I have Caribsea Shape rocks. I was seeing on saltwateraquarium.com that you could put ceramic media in filter socks. Do you you think this would help my nitrate issue. I've been dosing reef pro nitrate reducer and I'm up to dosing 45 mils daily and I'm not seeing a drop in nitrates. I'm only feeding the fish once daily not feeding my tank and doing 40 gallon water changes monthly on my 150 tank. I've gotten 4 different test kits to verify accuracy.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is a old thread but I am having the same issues with high nitrates. I removed my all ceramic media. I have Caribsea Shape rocks. I was seeing on saltwateraquarium.com that you could put ceramic media in filter socks. Do you you think this would help my nitrate issue. I've been dosing reef pro nitrate reducer and I'm up to dosing 45 mils daily and I'm not seeing a drop in nitrates. I'm only feeding the fish once daily not feeding my tank and doing 40 gallon water changes monthly on my 150 tank. I've gotten 4 different test kits to verify accuracy.
did you ever get you PO4 up? what is it at now?

OP
OP
Seascapes

Seascapes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I tested and my phosphates are .03 and nitrates are in the 100's

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%
Back