High par ok?

painter1982

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2025
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
1,081
Location
82716
What state or country do you live in
Wyoming
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased an apogee mq510 par meter for my eshopps m130 build. I tested my current setup, a 60g cube 24”. Two kessil a360xe and 4 ati t5 bulbs. I use kessil reflectors to narrow the beam and reduce light spillage. I tested my par in center of tank. It said 972. Most my acros getting 550 to 900 par. I decided to use the less narrow reflector. Now I’m around 550 par in the peak areas. Most everything from 6” up are above 350 par. Bottom is 220. I run the lights at 80%. Should I reduce intensity? Corals look fine. I’ve had to move some lower in the past because I thought they might’ve started bleaching. Fine now though. I never would’ve guessed par was that high.
 
Depends on the Acro - but I know a number of mine like the PAR around 1000!

They are very adaptable, so if this is what it has been running at for a while, i wouldnt change anything.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new