• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

High performance closed loop UV sterilizer system in mint condition

Item Price
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
NO shipping is NOT available

MikeTheNewbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Asking for $700 for the full system, $400 without the pump (only half the price of building it new)
Local pickup at 48188 only (can’t ship due to large size)

The equipment is in mint condition, I’m selling because I no longer have pests in my tank :D

The UV lamp is rated for 365 days and has 268 days (73%) of life remaining. I only used it at night to kill dinos. This doubles the life of the lamp.
Used in a 190 gallon reef but the sterilizer is rated for up to a 650 gallon system.

I engineered and built the system to deliver great performance in both scenarios:
  • High flow / fast turnover to treat algae/bacteria
  • Low flow / high radiation to treat protozoa (ich and other diseases)

Dimensions:
  • The compact melamine frame is 38” tall, 27” deep, 5” wide (see illustration with green markup)
  • The flexible tubing extends the input and output ports to hang on a 5 feet tall tank. They can be easily cut to be shortened or replaced for longer tubes for taller systems.

Build details:
  • Uses a large 90W UV Sterilizer (Lifegard Aquatics Pro-MAX 3" Body 90W Amalgam High Output) for maximum radiation
  • Neptune Apex compatible (but not required). The use of the included Neptune COR20 and Neptune FS-100 Flow Sensor enables precise flow control to target different pests and prevents UV lamp overheating (turn off lamp unless flow is detected)
  • 1” piping/tubing throughout the system with ball valves to achieve high flow without cavitation
  • Dual random flow generator and 3 ½ diameter high flow input guard allow for high flow and low disruption in the display tank
  • ¼” drain / prime valve at the bottom of the system allows for easy draining for maintenance and filling for priming
  • Flexible and modular using unions throughout the body and flexible vinyl tubing
1_details.png

2_lamplife.png

3_corcontroller.png

4_flowcontrol.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back