High Ph - How high is too high?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AquAttila
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
So I know you said before never have ph to high on its own. Now with dosing like kalk to raise your ph when would you say it is to high.

How high of ph would be acceptable without ph additives and how high would have ph would be acceptable with dosing kalk.

I dose kalk to help with my nightly ph drop to try and level out the ph wave. But recently I have started to notice my ph level increasing and hitting a new high after my lights peak time. So nothing is added at this time. Yes my overall ph has increased but my new ph peak is a lot higher

I cannot say how high is too high because I think the problems in the pH 8.6 or so range are annoyances from precipitating calcium carbonate (hardening sand, seizing pumps, etc) that may still be worth accepting if faster coral growth is a goal.

IMO, pH above 8.5 without high pH alk additions is most likely a test error.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new