High zinc and copper low nitrate?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tmccaff
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tmccaff

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Messages
800
Reaction score
190
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have high zinc and copper low nitrate and low phosphate. I have been dosing with neophos to raise phosphates.

My zinc was at 14.20 u/g l what’s this in ppm?

Cooper 15.91 u/g

Nitrate using Hanna read 0.24

Phosphate using Hanna reads 0.02 it was 0.012

I want to do a water change but with nitrate this low may crash tank correct?
 
I am running metasorb by the way and Polyfilter I just removed Polyfilter because I think that’s taking away phosphate from water too much.
 
I think those values are likely in ug/L, which is micrograms/Liter (that “u” really should be the Greek letter Mew, but I can’t find it on my phone keyboard).

1 ppm=1g/L = 1000 ug/L

So 1 ug/L is like saying 1 ppb (part per billion).

Hope that helps!
 
Ok ok got ya. My nitrates too low to do a water change correct?
Yes, nitrate seems pretty low to me.

What are you trying to keep in this tank?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new