Hitch hiking coral identification

jess’s zoa garden

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 2, 2025
Messages
28
Reaction score
14
Location
houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a blueberry gorgonia about a year ago and this guy came on it. It used to be very vibrant but I just moved everything into a bigger tank and everything is pretty stressed. He’s still fat and flown, I’m leaning towards an LPS of some sorts, it feels like it has a skeleton. Any ideas?
20251204_100618_697DA2B5-066A-45DF-A8B6-65047E9C03F8.png

20251204_100618_0CE643F3-BD3C-4810-A98E-E89A9C1D43F8.png
 
Anyway to get the photo under white lights?
 
If it retracts when you squirt water at it and there's a skeleton it's an LPS. It could be a Hidden Cup Coral or any common LPS hitch hiker. If no skeleton than Anemone would be my guess.
 
If it retracts when you squirt water at it and there's a skeleton it's an LPS. It could be a Hidden Cup Coral or any common LPS hitch hiker. If no skeleton than Anemone would be my guess.
I’ve touched it, it for sure has a skeleton
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new