Hitchhiker ID help

SkipsPrincess77

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope someone can help me identify this hitchhiker. I personally do not like it and want to know what it is so I can decide if it's going to go or stay. The creature is the white one hanging out with my snails. I turned the light on and it started taking off trying to hide. It looks like a snail of some sort to me however the shell is strange. I havnt messed with it but it appears to be soft shelled.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1438158448.203059.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1438158469.593912.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1438158489.405102.jpg
 
Stomatella, they are great to have. Give it a couple months and you'll have a bunch. They mostly come out at night but some will be out in the day here and there
 
Okay. Thank you so much. I was hoping that was what they were. Maybe if I find more I'll throw some in my other tank too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new