Hitchhiker ID please.

  • Thread starter Thread starter tyler1503
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2013
Messages
2,579
Reaction score
532
Location
Bega, NSW, Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. Could one of you help me out with an ID on these snails please?
They're not great photos, but hopefully good enough.
They have a slug like body similar to a stomatella, but i don't think that's what they are. They have rounded shells similar to a turbo instead of the more flat looking ones I usually see on stomatellas.
Also, they ventured above the waterline of the bag they hitchhiked their way home inside of briefly before going back underwater.

Thanks!

0b9021dc3427836bc95eb16232fb9435.jpg
cd4bc217bedcf03bd960b9a8f5b59ff7.jpg
10d39ecea0261c7dc7ccf33c7cd29bc7.jpg
 
I still think it's a stomatella, but something like an S. modesta. Their shells are not as flat as the other more common ones.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new