Hitchhiker on my halimeda

  • Thread starter Thread starter Yvette12
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Yvette12

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 17, 2017
Messages
25
Reaction score
10
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1822.PNG
this looks to be almost like a paly but I'm not sure. It's just attached to my plants that came in today. Also looks like a frikin turantula.
 
There is another smaller one at the bottom and they both see. To move a lot. I hope they are palys
 
The little one is moving around he plant very fast
 
The little one is moving around he plant very fast

majano and Aiptasia both spread very quickly and can take over and kill of corals kind of quickly... I've even heard of big ones attacking small fish
 
This tank looks extremely new :o how old is it?
 
A few months. I just got my first clowns in today. I've kept saltwater before but left the hobby when I had my daughter. Now I'm back in it. It's an addiction. I've never had so many problems with hitchhikers. Hence my lack of knowledge on these critters. I had aiptasia come in on some of my star polyps last month too
 
A few months. I just got my first clowns in today. I've kept saltwater before but left the hobby when I had my daughter. Now I'm back in it. It's an addiction. I've never had so many problems with hitchhikers. Hence my lack of knowledge on these critters. I had aiptasia come in on some of my star polyps last month too

do you feed your corals? weird seeing a few month old tank with zero algae haha
 
Yes I feed them reef chili. I had a little algae bloom couple weeks ago but it went away
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new