Hitchhiker snail needs ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter bct15
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
2,846
Reaction score
169
Location
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy was in a bag with a Zoa rock I received today, yay or nay

ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1362675380.002747.jpg


ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1362675392.039135.jpg


ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1362675446.892284.jpg



Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1362675597.850300.jpg


ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1362675610.235378.jpg



Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
In your first two pics it looks like a Sundial snail. If so I would toss it they like to feed on zoas.

Sent From my Frontal Lobes via TapaTalk!!
 
I don't see the spike that the last sundial snail I had had.


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
Looks like it might be a Collinista snail, harmless algae grazer.
Indo Pacific Snails

I just found those online as well, it resembles them a lot...the scary thing is there is two bad snails that look just like a collinista


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new