• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

HOB Overflow

Treehrtsme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
How do you like them in comparison?
They're great, and don't take up to much space. I actually drilled a wb25 peninsula aio with the smaller model. It was an overly complex filtration system consisting of a sump with a refugium skimmer chamber return chamber and and automatic fleece roller I managed to fit in. On top of that I plumbed and algae reactor and 2 media reactors all within the foot print of the tank. Didn't have any problems drilling the holes and no leaks from the overflow but I never actually put any livestock in the tank. The prodigy maybe a little bit more low profile although it is made of mainly orange acrylic so if you're running a tank with a clear back some may not like the look, otherwise I've never had any issues with the shops overflows or sumps. My only complaint would be that The prodigy doesn't come in a smaller size only medium and large. Overall I'd say it's better quality but not to the point where it makes a huge difference. There are some manufacturers I believe Fiji cube that make even smaller overflow boxes, but the eclipse s would cover any tank just big enough to genuinely need a sump.

NancyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're great, and don't take up to much space. I actually drilled a wb25 peninsula aio with the smaller model. It was an overly complex filtration system consisting of a sump with a refugium skimmer chamber return chamber and and automatic fleece roller I managed to fit in. On top of that I plumbed and algae reactor and 2 media reactors all within the foot print of the tank. Didn't have any problems drilling the holes and no leaks from the overflow but I never actually put any livestock in the tank. The prodigy maybe a little bit more low profile although it is made of mainly orange acrylic so if you're running a tank with a clear back some may not like the look, otherwise I've never had any issues with the shops overflows or sumps. My only complaint would be that The prodigy doesn't come in a smaller size only medium and large. Overall I'd say it's better quality but not to the point where it makes a huge difference. There are some manufacturers I believe Fiji cube that make even smaller overflow boxes, but the eclipse s would cover any tank just big enough to genuinely need a sump.

Thanks for the comparison of the two.. I say a marine brand one that is pretty slim and the Fiji they’re both not mentioned as much and idk if it’s because of the quality or the marketing lol. The prodigy I just keep thinking it’ll be hard to clean or easily clogged with how narrow it is. Then again I don’t think they’d build something quicknto fail.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 52 34.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 39 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 28 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back