HOB replacement on frag tank

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2019
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
1,647
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My old HOB started leaking voltage so I need to replace it. I have a thirty gallon deep blue shallow frag tank. Can anyone recommend a good HOB. I've used marine land in the past but seem to go through them really fast. This last one shocking me was kind of my limit so I want to try a different brand. Thanks.
 
Yeah, that's what I was going to ask about. Should I over size a HOB filter or should I go with the rating. Wasn't sure if too much could work against the filtration process.
 
Is fluvial a no go? It seems really similar.
 
Fluval makes the aquaclear. It's what I use in my growout tank and I love it as a refugium


Okay, so what's the difference? I see an aquaclear brand then a fluval. If I get the fluval will it be the same?
 
Only difference I can see (besides price) is that the Fluval seems to be marketed toward SW use and the other is FW.
 
You should check out Seachem tidal. I’m currently using it for my tank.
 
From what I can tell on the net, fluval bought the aqua clear company so if I buy a fluval brand I'll save about 1/2 the money? Or am I missing something?
 
Its only a pump and plastic container. The only thing the aqua clear comes with is foam filter, ceramic bio rings and a bag of carbon. Nothing wrong with using it for SW.
I csnt speak to the fluval ,never used it.

And just because fluval bought AC. It doesnt mean theyre the same.

Ie. Ecotech and aqua illumination
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new