HOB skimmer for sumpless 40 Breeder?

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2011
Messages
1,931
Reaction score
241
Location
SAn Jose
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers,

I am in the process of setting up a sumpless 40 Breeder. I will have a mixed reef, but primarily LPS.

I wanted to find out what a good hang on back skimmer to purchase.

I saw on Craigslist a Reef Octopus BH100F, but it doesn't include a pump. I have read good reviews about the BH100F.

The only skimmer I have at the moment is a Tunze 9002 which I used for my BC 29. I don't think it is strong enough for a 40 Breeder.
 
Another one I have read good things about is the Bubble Magus NAC5e. I am still in the process of cycling my tank so I have yet to really see this thing work, but from what I have read from others they have been happy with it.
 
I use the reef octopus bh 1000 model on my 50 gallon breeder, works great! So far it seems to be working even better since I put 2 sicce voyager 3's in my tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new