Hob skimmer issues

ccbobafett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my aqua max cone s and reef octopus 100 skimmers have been producing micro bubbles like crazy lately, the bubbles are everywhere and getting trapped under rocks it really isn’t pleasing to look at.

This started yesterday when I turned the skimmers back on after 3 weeks of no use do to prazi dosing. They also have lots of bubbles in them and the foam head is very high in the skimmer cup, this was not like this before either. I was thinking maybe they are breaking in again? But when they first broke on this did not occur either.

Well anyway my question is, is there anyway I can stop these bubbles and get the skimmer running normally again? Any help with is much appreciated.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you use granular activated carbon to get rid of the prazi? Eventually, the skimmer will get all of the stuff out of the tank, but it could take a while. It is also possible that they are breaking in again - there are always organics inside of the skimmer than die/decay that need to be dealt with after an off-period.

OP
OP
ccbobafett

ccbobafett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not use a carbon but have purigen running don’t know if that helps.

So I guess perhaps I will just need to wait for the organic to be taken care of and maybe they will settle down again I hope.

Thanks for the help I hope this is only temporary.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possible residual prazi, it happens every time I run it. Purigen won't remove meds, maybe run some carbon.

OP
OP
ccbobafett

ccbobafett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, another possibility is prazi still in System, I guess if it does not get resolved by tommorow I will pick up some carbon, can’t hurt to try at least. Thanks for suggestion, appreciate all the help.

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back