HOB Skimmer

Napa Reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2015
Messages
363
Reaction score
143
Location
Napa CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a hob skimmer for my 29 gallon which I just started adding corals to. It's been up for 5+ years with life rock and live sand...two clownfish, hermits and snails. I have a Sea Clone Skimmer that started leaking today so need to replace it with a better one!

Any recommendations?
 
I was also looking at the Reef Octopus BH-2000 but I do like how the Aqua Maxx HOB1 has the pump within the actual skimmer
 
I recently Aqua Maxx HOB1 on my 28 gallon after running for 5+ years. I am amazed how much it pulls out of crystal clear water. Took 1 week to break in and now is one quite piece of equipment doing a great job.
 
i used a reef octopus for a while. classic 100.
it would overflow sometimes and leak.
until i took off all those foam filter covers.
after removing them it functioned perfectly.
it ran without those filters just fine until i decommissioned it.
 
I recently Aqua Maxx HOB1 on my 28 gallon after running for 5+ years. I am amazed how much it pulls out of crystal clear water. Took 1 week to break in and now is one quite piece of equipment doing a great job.
Wow! Using it for 5+ years is worth its $$. I think it is going for $230+
I might consider this for our standard 29g
 
No I went without one for 5+ years.hehe. Also got the model with the bubble restricter which is as big as a VW bug. No way of fitting that in a NanoCube.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new