Hofer Gurgle Buster users

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mike7744
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mike7744

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 29, 2021
Messages
403
Reaction score
183
Location
Wareham
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the

Hofer Gurgle Buster​

On my tank for a week, and it has been great. But just today it started to act funny.
It backed up like it was getting blocked. I took it out cleaned it put it back. Now it is getting a full siphon every 5 min . Any ideas why this is happening. I have lowered my flow rate by 50% nothing has changed.
It is a strait pipe to the sump.
I'm stumped.
 
It's clear
 
I had a DIY offer gurgle buster. My display has only 1drain on my HOB Eshopps overflow box and ornamental macroalgae that often break off and find their way to the drain. For me it became too risky to use the offer gurgle buster. I decided to drill holes in the stand pipe and kept adding a couple until the gurgle was minimal and tolerable. I still have the hoffer gurgle buster and could probably still use it when I want the tank to be quieter but my husband and I kind of like the quiet gurgle in the backround.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new