Hole in Duncan coral?

Shaina Carey

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2018
Messages
250
Reaction score
316
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this Duncan coral on Friday and noticed it had a hole in it after placing it on a frag shelf. Can someone tell me if my hermits were eating it or some kind of disease?

PXL_20241015_004109293.jpg PXL_20241015_003913178.jpg
 
I got this Duncan coral on Friday and noticed it had a hole in it after placing it on a frag shelf. Can someone tell me if my hermits were eating it or some kind of disease?

PXL_20241015_004109293.jpg PXL_20241015_003913178.jpg
Looks like it may be a female gall crab hole to me - if so, there should be a small, likely white/tan crab in the hole.
 
When I move all the corals to my.10 gallon when I set it up, I will check it. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new