Hole size for 7” filter sock

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hk45
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hk45

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2016
Messages
236
Reaction score
29
Location
Akron OH
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Building a custom sump waiting on a 7” filter sock To show up. Anyone measure the hole size for a 7” filter sock. I’m finding two measurements 6.5” and 6-5/8” Thanks
 
I cut my holes 6 5/8" and it fit perfectly, however, I'm not entirely sure it really matters between the two. I'd say go with whatever you have on hand.
 
Bumping an old thread to avoid making a new one…

It’s been a half-decade since these measurements were spot-on… does anyone have any 7” (or 4”, for that matter!) plastic ring filter socks laying around they could double check hole size for me with?

-I’m making several holders, but haven’t finished compiling the order the socks will be shipped in to have hard measurements for myself!

Thanks,
Jack
 
Just a FYI not all filter sock brands use the same size ring. They do vary slightly, most withing a 1/4" of each other. I would get your socks first then drill the hole to match if you want a tight fit. just MO
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new