Holes on Mushroom colony

Elira_6301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2024
Messages
1,374
Reaction score
2,878
Location
Midland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone tell me what these 2 breathing holes are on my mushroom colony rock? They open and close. No idea what they are.

20250226_173320.jpg
 
Yes, growing attached to the rock
 
I have some 3” weird clams / mollusk creatures that came on a zoa rock. I had them for years before I realized thy are alive and open / close

There’s 3 or 4 total
DE6DC149-F004-420D-BAF9-5CCA088A6187.jpeg
9F35CEFA-1B9B-4994-895D-C67C430222BC.jpeg
 
The hell am I gonna do with those. I wonder how they got there. Is it possible it's a growing tube worm?
Aside from opening and closing…do they move or change location? It might just stay there and filter feed
 
If you don’t like them you could probably pry them off with a flat head screwdriver or a chisel
 
I have 3 of them for years.
Really don’t know what they are, but at the same time, have caused no issues.
Just processing water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new