Hollywood Stunner Chalice Turning Brown

firefightered

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By reading all of this I have learnd alot. I bought a hollywood about 2 weeks ago. I temp acclimated it and then put it at the top of my tank.(didn't light acclimate, didn't realize I was suppose to) Long story short ; it looked like it was starting to grow but now it looks like it is dieing or shrinking. The edges are turning white and the green is getting smaller. All perimeters are good. Do you guys think this little guy will bounce back or what do I need to do? I started a Kalk drip last night hoping this may help. I run Reef brite leds 50/50 and 4 standard t-5s 2 bulbs actinic and 2 -10k in a 46gal bowfront.

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By reading all of this I have learnd alot. I bought a hollywood about 2 weeks ago. I temp acclimated it and then put it at the top of my tank.(didn't light acclimate, didn't realize I was suppose to) Long story short ; it looked like it was starting to grow but now it looks like it is dieing or shrinking. The edges are turning white and the green is getting smaller. All perimeters are good. Do you guys think this little guy will bounce back or what do I need to do? I started a Kalk drip last night hoping this may help. I run Reef brite leds 50/50 and 4 standard t-5s 2 bulbs actinic and 2 -10k in a 46gal bowfront.

Yeah your stunner is receding from possibly too much light. I would move it down. Once it becomes use to your tank you can slowly move it up where you want it. I had my old colony right below my MH and the growth on it was amazing.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 108 81.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.5%
Back