Home for onyx percs

spscrackhead

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
350
Reaction score
137
Location
Nj
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, just rcently got a beautiful pair of onyx perculas for my 175 mixed but sps dominant tank. I would like to have them host a nem and was looking for opinions.
The tank is fairly stocked at this point so a wanderer isn't something I am really after. I have read the stickys, I am looking for folks personel input, suggestions, and expierences.
It is my understanding percs prefer sand dwelling nems? That would be ideal for my tank as well.
 
I was doing similar research a couple months ago when helping a friend design a tank. I stumbled across this chart which might come in handy.
 

Attachments

My snow flakes live with a large long tentacled anemone. They ignored it for more than two years and were happy in some palys. Wish they had stayed in the paly. They are extremely territorial over the anemone. Just my 2 cents.

Shelley
 
Gigs and Mags are the only natural symbiants and the best choice for immediate hosting. They may find a different species of nem but equal chance they accept a coral, rock, corner... as their host.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.3%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 26.0%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new