Home for onyx percs

spscrackhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, just rcently got a beautiful pair of onyx perculas for my 175 mixed but sps dominant tank. I would like to have them host a nem and was looking for opinions.
The tank is fairly stocked at this point so a wanderer isn't something I am really after. I have read the stickys, I am looking for folks personel input, suggestions, and expierences.
It is my understanding percs prefer sand dwelling nems? That would be ideal for my tank as well.

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was doing similar research a couple months ago when helping a friend design a tank. I stumbled across this chart which might come in handy.

Attachments

• Clownfish and Their Anemones.pdf
    75.9 KB · Views: 93

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My snow flakes live with a large long tentacled anemone. They ignored it for more than two years and were happy in some palys. Wish they had stayed in the paly. They are extremely territorial over the anemone. Just my 2 cents.

Shelley

Bob Loblaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gigs and Mags are the only natural symbiants and the best choice for immediate hosting. They may find a different species of nem but equal chance they accept a coral, rock, corner... as their host.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back