Homemade protein skimmer

image.jpeg
 
Wood air stone works best on this size. 2 liter bottles work great. Use two plastic bottle caps with the center cut out and glued together. The you can count the top bottle to make your cup.
 
Wood air stone works best on this size. 2 liter bottles work great. Use two plastic bottle caps with the center cut out and glued together. The you can count the top bottle to make your cup.
Good idea, this will go on my custom 37 gallon when it gets shipped in
 
Nice job on the DIY. I did something very similar a number of years ago for a nano I had. The turn off was the 70+ dollar air pump I needed to buy to make it work.
 
Yea the only bad thing is the little bubbles, but hey it was free so I'm not complaining
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new